Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Week 3

 I am managing to stay warm. I don't check the temp like I used to because I don't dress any differently whether it's 15 degrees or -22! and it's not cold/doesn't feel cold unless there's a wind. I did notice it was still light out after 5pm today! Just having the days longer is great!

Mike came up last weekend and got here early; about 3pm and the snow started about 4pm and snowed all night. He stayed until Sunday at about 1pm.  I sure do miss him. It's pretty special to only see him when we're both not working! It's been years since it's been like that; feels like dating again; I can't believe it! I've heard when you have kids to make sure and have "dates" with your spouse. Mike and I always thought it was hard to find the time to do.

Last week I went to the community college for a presentation of a Mixed Blood Theatre (from Mpls) show, open to the public, that my landlord and his girlfriend invited me to go with; it was good to get out. My landlord is originally from Chicago, built his own cabin and lived in it up here for 15 years, then went to Hawaii for 10 years and just got back this year. There seems to be a lot of people with a varied background like him up here.
 
Yesterday at work I couldn't believe it was my third week! Tomorrow I start in the hospital pharmacy.
Next weekend Mike won't be up, but I'm looking forward to the start of the Ely Winter Festival. There are the 8 foot cubes of snow all over town for the snow sculpture competition. I heard they get teams from as far as Mexico. And next Sat there's the Ely Artwalk around town with exhibits of art by artists from the Ely area in almost every business around town so I am looking forward to that.

Mike brings our dog, Bailey, up too, and it sure is hard to not have him around all the time. And funny that since I've been gone he clings to Mike now.

The stars are out tonight. A goodnight to all from Ely.










 

No comments:

Post a Comment