Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Driving to Ely

I'm in St.Paul right now finishing up packing. We went up with most of what I'll need last weekend. It was really beautiful up there. All the pines keep their snow cover on, and the other trees stay "frosty" and all the snow is so white; we got out for two hikes and it was awesome; it's quite a winter wonderland!

The drive up last Friday was rough with pulling a trailer. It started to sway on the freeway and that put me in panic mode for 2 days.
Actually, I'm still recovering. Mike, who was driving, stayed calm and we finally got there safe. I said, "well if you are so calm, then maybe I should drive so I'll be calm" but he said no way. Then after we got unpacked in Ely and we went to return the trailer, we took a wrong turn. We were heading down a road that looked up ahead like it went directly into the woods, it was getting dark, weren't sure if there was a turn around ahead, so tried to turn around where we were on the road and got stuck in the snow. This was with a pickup pulling the trailer. It was such a bummer. Well, we finally made it out after shoveling for a very long time and after attempting to take the trailer off unsuccessfully. We had AAA on the phone,
not even sure if someone could have come out to us at that time up there. Then Mike pulled out the mats in the truck to put under the tires and we got out!

Needless to say, I need to move to Ely in order to recover from that drive to Ely!

I stopped in the Ely clinic where I'm going to work to say hi and everyone was very nice so I am hoping they are as nice as everyone in St.Paul. Then I know I'll do fine.

1 comment:

  1. Are you fully recovered yet??
    Keep the blog posts coming!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete